Good Afternoon Loves,
I am feeling so inspired today. I don't know if it is because I'm doing surprisingly well in this statistics class or that I know that I am incredibly blessed, but today is turning out to be a very wonderful day. I won't question it though. I'll just be thankful. Amen...
So anywho...Those that really know me, know that I really love music. I can tune into my Spotify, Pandora, IHeartRadio or just the IPod and can come to a level of focus that I could not even imagine without it. I've written some of my best papers while listening to my favorite songs. This brings to me what is on my spirit today. For the past week, I think that I have only listened to the same four songs and when I tell you that those songs are all up in and through my spirit! Oh my goodness! The songs are Marvin Sapp's The Hymns Medley and I Win and India.Arie's Just Do You and Moved By You. Let me let you know what these songs mean to me...
The Hymns Medley
When I was young, my granddaddy used to sing in the church and I was always told that no one could sing a hymn quite like him. As as result, I became drawn to the devotion part of the church service. During these times, I heard some hymns that have stuck with me and can always make me give God all the praise. Through this medley, the incomparable Marvin Sapp takes me all the way back to those days of listening to my granddaddy.
Bless the Lord,
Oh my soul
And all that is within me
Bless His holy name
He has done great things
He has done great things
He has done great things
Bless His holy name
I Win
Every single time I hear this song, I know that everything that isn't alright is going to be alright. When I think that I am not going to make it through writing a paper, a difficult class or whatever I am struggling with, this song gives me so much inspiration and the strength to carry on.
I’ve had my share of tears,
Times when I wanted to give in,
Seems like the day would never calm.
But I had to encourage me
And find the strength to believe that I...
I am an over-comer
I know I can conquer anything
With Jesus I am an over-comer...
I CAN WIN
Go 'head Marvin! I decree it and I declare it. I shall win...
Just Do You
This song is from India.Arie's new CD Songversation. The whole disc is actually very good, but this song really motivates me to get up and make something happen. I love how inspirational and uplifting India.Arie is and how she always takes advantage of every opportunity to express just how beautiful her (and my) Black is.
I heard a voice that told me I'm essential
How all my fears are limiting my potential
Said it's time to step into the light and
Use every bit of the power I have inside
So what'chu waiting on
Who You waiting for
If You don't take a chance You'll never know what's in store
Just Do You (Somebody's got to be a star)
Just Do You (Somebody's got to raise the bar)
Just Do You (Somebody's got to change the game)
Just Do You (Today)
Moved By You
This song is also from India.Arie's Songversation CD. It is one of my favorites because it reminds me of a conversation that My Love and I were having. I told him that I get excited whenever I get a text from him and I was wondering why that was (aside from the fact that I absolutely adore him). His answer to me was, "Because I move you." No truer words were ever spoken. I love you Bae...
I love the fragrance of your voice,
You're the color of Loyal,
My favorite sound is your smile,
I'm intoxicated with joyful
Oh, I am moved by you
Oh, I am moved by you
I apologize for making this so long, but these songs are so powerful to me and spread so much joy all through my spirit so I wanted to share them with you.
Miracles and Blessings,
TL