Hello dear hearts,
So this week, it seems that I have really been on an emotional rollercoaster. With the situation with my father and coming to grips with the possibility that we will probably never have a real relationship, as well as preparing to go into the most challenging class of my doctoral program, I have really been going through it! But by the grace of God, I have an amazing support system of my faith, my family, my love and my true friends that get me through the thin, the thick and the thicker. This is why I am never able to stray too far away from my happy place.
It's funny to me how some people are just determined to be miserable. Oftentimes, I come across individuals who complain about everything under the sun, everyday, all day. In the hilarious words of Sweet Brown "Ain't nobody got time for that!" Get away from me with all of that negative energy! You and only you are responsible for the happiness that you feel.Yes, it is true that the actions of those near to our hearts may be able to affect our happiness to a certain degree, but even then, we have the power to get back to happy. I read something on Essence today and it was in response to a woman requesting help in her relationship. The relationship expert, Abiola Abrams, said, "You are a brilliant and shining diamond, my friend. Stop treating yourself like a cubic zirconia. We have to to do better. It’s time to evolve."
If you realize your worth, you will know that your happiness lives in a place
that YOU control the entrance to. We shouldn’t allow other people to get in our
spirit and create chaos. We should also be mindful of the chaos that we create
for ourselves. Find your calm and cherish it.
I can put this out there like that because I had to take this advice,
myself. BaeBae and I were having a conversation a few nights ago
and I told him that his love relaxes me and he is my calm. (I just LOVE that man!!!) However, if I weren't with him, I would still have the calm that he provides, but it would come from my inner spirit and
the other areas in my life that make me happy. My point is this, there are always
going to be things that bring you down, cause you to complain or just plain hurt
you, but YOU have to protect your happiness. The world didn't give it you and
the world can't take it away.
Miracles and Blessings,
TL